Designed for space
made for earth
Our flagship product in development is the Canaria Fatigue Management Service – ‘the miner’s Canary for the era of space travel’.
This is a real-time medical-grade biometric monitor, powered by machine-learning to predict and prevent catastrophic accidents caused by cognitive fatigue.
The device measures
Heart Rate Variability
Blood Oxygen Level
Safeguarding people’s wellbeing by predicting life-threatening events
Canaria Technologies is well positioned to help identify new, innovative strategies for improving health and safety, working with its clients to proactively contribute to a safety step-change across the mining, energy, construction and transport sectors.
Canaria Technologies shares industries’ shared objective to ensure everyone gets to go home safely each day.
What are we doing to successfully transform Fatigue Management in Australia?
Canaria Technologies has adopted a four-phased approach to deliver a ‘predict and prevent’ fatigue management solution to Australian industry. To date, the company has developed a prototype proof-of-concept ready to be trialled in a 24/7 real-time environment.
To make this happen, the company is actively seeking co-funding Agreements to complete the Proof of Concept and Field Pilot phases.
This two-phased approach has been designed to gather medical grade biometric data via a wearable device incorporating advance pulse oximetry technology. This is achieved by designing and transforming a real-time AI-driven cognitive fatigue prediction system into a wireless earpiece, which can send an alert to wearers before they have a mico-sleep.
The two phases are as follows:
PROOF OF CONCEPT PHASE
- Three months preparation of Control Room trial to organise participants and build custom earpieces for individuals
- Control Room trial with 10 or more participants wearing custom belt-mounted indicative earpieces
- Three months data collection: day shift/night shift, building framework for AI system
- Metrics: video, response rate testing, PPG vital signs, Stanford sleepiness test, fatigue diary.
Outcome: Retrospective fatigue measurements and incident reports. Proof that fatigue can be predicted with our new equipment.
FIELD PILOT PHASE
- Two months rapid iterative prototyping: new round of prototypes every fortnight
- In-house VR truck operator simulation testing
- Development of predictive AI software based on control room data and VR simulation data.
- Two months staggered rollout to 50 users with de-bugging
- One month final rollout and trouble shooting.
Outcome: Creation of accurate fatigue prediction algorithm, improved prototypes ready for In-Field testing, financial parameters for follow-on commercialisation established. Measurement of fatigue in real-time, 50 effective deployment-ready earpieces.
BENEFITS FOR CO-FUNDER INCLUDE:
- Health and Safety
- monitor vitals during to and from site journeys
- monitor vitals during 12 hour shift
- monitor vitals for specialised/higher risk workforce eg; working in confined spaces, underground mines, preparation plants
- predictive indices for individuals
- Human Resources:
- EVP – value add for potential employees and families of existing and potential employees – especially on regional and remote sites
- cost efficiencies – reduction of employment and training costs due to decrease in attraction and retention metrics, reduction of lost time due to absenteeism, and reduced costs of prototype and future devices
- increase in production – due to more effective monitoring and management of workforce.